An Ethereal Guitarist's Path

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

quick update

Ok, so yesterday i got a good 3 hours in, perhaps more. Been practicing the same stuff, trying to write a little more. I focused a lot on playing my own songs, and also figured out an arrangement for Hollowed Skies for solo clean guitar.

One thing ive been working on is to use my middle finger as if it were my index finger. For instance, doing hammerons and pulloffs with my middle and ring or middle and pinky. Much to my expectations, it is rather tricky. The key is to apply as much force as possible to the fret with your middle finger, than the rest will be easier to perform. The blues scale in particular really helps with this.

Today im taking a break. This morning, my tendons on my left hand were aching, so im gonna play it safe.. Rest is good anyway

No comments: