An Ethereal Guitarist's Path

Monday, February 22, 2010

It is getting close to recording time. My goal is to have an Anthro. demo out by the summer. It will be 3 or 4 songs. We should have a total of 5-7 songs recorded. I am not sure how I will get it recorded, I am still trying to figure that out. I am thinking perhaps I would like to go and pursue some sound engineering myself. At first I wanted to go to school for it, then I didn't, now I have an interest in it again. If I had a studio space or like a basement, I would do a lot of experimenting on my own, but I don't. For now, I want to record scratch tracks for the songs that are complete. I will start with Augmented. I will just export the midi drums from guitar pro and use those for now. Then I will record both guitar parts with my interface. I will try to record with a line out from my Sunn preamp into the interface, and then take the amp model off and only use a cab model. I will see what kind of sounds I can get from that. If that sounds good may be I can just use that. Otherwise I will try using just straight modeling software. I will also start doing scratch tracks for Undermind. I got two albums I need to get done, which won't be hard at all.

No comments: