An Ethereal Guitarist's Path

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Inspiration comes and goes

I think that is the lesson to learn and embrace. I was stuck musically. I think I just needed to focus on Anthromoprhic instead of UnderMind. I want to learn to interpret these feelings of seemingly uninspiration and realize that they are not always what they seem to be.

Humanity Falls last night at the Lit Lounge. Wow, they have improved substancially. I also really hate metal crowds. They are full of the stereotypes and it seems that 95% are the same, and so many people are afraid to talk and what not. If I was actually in a good mood I would have struck up some conversations, but pinching the nerve in my back really got me down. I wrote some lyrics right before HF went on and now Eston wants to use em for their last song, Iniquity by God. He said they reminded him of the lyrics to Unholy Cult (the album). Makes me feel pretty good. I haven't written lyrics in a while. Here is what I have so far...

Crafting genuine horror
unhooking the chains
lashing out viciously
my soul, my drive
the will to bring rains of fire
the fire to freeze your skin
the skin that burns from frost

freeze to ash and burn to ice

my wrath in formidable form
shadows of madness
swarm in legions
choking the iniquity
I fight against god

this is my pledge
this is my will
this is by myself

No comments: