An Ethereal Guitarist's Path

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

back on track

Ok. First off I have decided to take a break from bodybuilding. I would like to focus a little more on my own music as well as not be broke. Spending 2-300 dollars on food and supps. is no joke. I have 3 songs completed for Undermind. 2 of them are all guitar one is all bass guitar. I have 3 other songs in the making. Im working on a new setup so that i will be able to play live by myself. My songs are composed so that i can play them on guitar solo, or another instrument may join. I will have recordings shortly.

My new setup will be:
Schecter hell raiser FR6
line 6 spider II amp head
line 6 3X12 cab
Loop station (not sure which yet)
chorus pedal
Electro Harmonix Russian Muff/boss ds1 distortion

Pretty cool setup especially on a budget. I have found I like the spider II better than the spider III

Anyway, since the last time I updated, Ive had numerous noise jams with Dom. These are very liberating. Talk about improvisation. While I made "noise" on the guitar, i still kept a consistency in my playing. I did not play the guitar like a guitar, but other instruments fused in one. Its basically taking everything i know how to play, and blending it into one instrument. Ive been opened up to a lot of new music as well.

Currently, I am averaging 3-6 hours nearly everyday. I do not believe it is best to be practicing rigorously everyday. Your mind and muscles need rest. Resting is how you grow.

I just watched Nevermore's dvd, Year of the Voyager. Truely motivating and inspiring. Jeff Loomis is the best metal guitarist there is. He plays flawlessly and writes very interesting and thought provoking music.

I will start analyzing and writing down what im practicing from day to day. All I know is that i am going to teach myself how to play jazz. Ive been getting a lot of chords down and have started working with modes. Im also learning other scales such as the harmonic/melodic minor and the idminished scale (half-whole)

Anyway, I will be back to updating on a regular basis!!!

No comments: