An Ethereal Guitarist's Path

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Movement

It seems that all the things I wanted to do as a kid and didn't I am doing now. I have just picked up a book on Tai Chi which I have already started going through. Of course I am working with the very basics. My goal is to apply tai chi to my martial arts, then I would like to learn a dance form, and then finally become a movement artist. I feel a great connection through movement and it is expressive of my "softer" and peaceful side. So far my music describes the depressing, tension-wielding side of me, powerlifting and bodybuilding express the physical and mental strength part of me. Now I feel body movement will express what is left. While that may sound limiting, how those express only certain parts of me, that is not 100% accurate. I think it would be more correct in saying that I express xyz qualities through xyz mediums. I have tried expressing happier tones through music and what not, but it proved futile. I ultimately do as I feel and that is my purpose.

No comments: