An Ethereal Guitarist's Path

Friday, September 2, 2011

GOALS!

Ok, I got some things figured out now! First things first, I REALLY want to do a bodybuilding competition. I NEED to do one soon. I have been trying to add on size to prepare to do one and soon it will be time to showcase what I have done. I feel that I am almost big enough to do one, but then again I know probably everyone will be bigger than me as size is not my strong point. That's ok though. I want to get up on a damn stage, a real stage, not some lame ass open mic playing a guitar. I want to showcase to people my hard work and dedication. Next on my list is to become a certified personal trainer and start building a financial base from that. Personal training is fun and it involves a passion of mine and can make me some good money. I feel I have a lot of the skills in order to be a damn good/successful personal trainer. Main thing that needs work still is my charisma, but guess what? Even that is improving. Soon I will be unstoppable. I also want to perform dance soon. I don't want these passions to be like guitar playing, where I was mostly a bedroom musician and just practiced too much because that is no fun!!! I need to show people what I am working on. Soon I will be playing open mics, and now is the time to prepare for them. I have more experience in dancing than I realize. I have studied the movement and posing of muscles. I have also developed a decent mind-muscle connection with my muscles. I have practiced yoga and taken notes on what looks beautiful to me and what doesn't. I am ahead of my game more than I thought. I also studied salsa for a little while. Now I just need to get in the habit of writing routines and practicing technique. The last thing on my list is that I want to learn a new instrument. I'm sick of the guitar, simply-put. I don't enjoy the phsyical aspects of playing it anymore. I don't know why, I just don't. I think i burned myself out with too much technicality. Anyway, I don't want to do that again. I do want to be great at an instrument and at performing, but to be super technical- well I don't care to be, because after a certain point, it isn't about the music anymore.

From my liast post, I was saying how I wanted to be unique. Well I certainly will be unique. even in 5 years from now, I can only imagine the great things I will be doing. I feel like I've FINALLY solved a lot of issues with myself that have been holding me back. Specifically speaking, I am learning that I don't have to get a degree to become successful and getting a degree may truly not be in my path (but it may). I have also learned that I want to perform and do more than just brush my fingers across a guitar neck. I want to be involved and interactive- and I CAN do that. There is nothing that is stopping me. I just gotta practice and then start hitting some easy gigs and take it from there. I am learning that I have a lot of great qualities and strengths that will help me obtain donig things like becoming a personal trainer and truly being "on my own," as well as connecting with others. I am realizing that I really want to put all my theory of practice to performance and application, because isn't that what art is about? A journey? I want people to see my journey as opposed to say 1 instance of it where I am at my "peak." If I am constantly working my hardest, then I will always be at my peak, and if I am always at my peak then I can always perform and feel good about myself.


To sum up my goals

1. Bodybuilding competition in a year (late 2012/early 2013)
2. Obtain a personal trainer certification (early-mid 2012)
3. Perform dance at open mics (late 2011/early 2012)
4. Learn a new instrument and get a fresh perspective on music

No comments: