An Ethereal Guitarist's Path

Saturday, March 12, 2011

I think all I needed was a break, and now to become involved in a scene

So, I was getting worn out with guitar and music and decided it was time to take a break. A few hours after coming to tht decision, I felt that it was time to play again! Well, I learned something here. I was tired of being forced/pressured to play, not of playing itself. That being said, I am going to start some good practicing again and really paying attention to my playing and the more technical aspects. For instance, my vibrato technique, it has always been pretty awful. I will also be focusing a lot more on my legato. I still need to brush up on picking between strings, including trem picking. Then I need to practice my bends. For now, those are the major things that need work.

I will also stop looking at practicing as something I "have" to do. Because it isn't. Nothing in the world is. However, it is something that I want to do.

Another topic I would like to brush upon is organization. This is going to be the skill that is fundamental to all areas of succcess in life. When things are organized, I can easily shift from one thing to another, make any necessary ajustments, and just feel at ease with. Before I moved on my own, I was a freakin mess and now that half my shit is STILL packed up I am pretty much organized a lot better. I think I will start fresh and keep it this way. Also, not having access to my computer's hard drive is helping with this because god knows, thats a mess too.

Weekly improv videos. This was inspired from my brother and it is basically his idea. Why the hell I never thought of doing this before is beyond me. This will give me a chance to show people what I am working on besides all the super obscure music that no one gets to hear as well as a reference point to learn from and better my playing.

I am also going to start lesson videos! My long term goal is to have a whole archive of extensive videos and lessons on a website that people can sign up for. I will also have demo vids for the people that are skeptical. I am looking to work with people of all skill levels for these. I am also going to start working on my website articles (lessons) since that is going to be the bulk of my website. The rest will just be info about me and all that (so far).


The point of doingall these things is to take small stes into getting my name out there. I want to share with people this long journey I have gone through to get to where I am. It will also be a great networking tool.

No comments: