An Ethereal Guitarist's Path

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Inspiration dwindling? What I make of it

My inspiration to play has dwindled greatly. I write and play because I have things to express, mostly feelings of some sort of negativity. I very rarely write happy songs and what not. Well, at this point in my life I am actually very happy and not stressed out and that is showing as I don't have that same drive to write anymore. part of this is also due to exploring different things, which have had some influence on what I do play when I do. My braing is transitioning to focusing on dance a lot more than music at this point. This has been very hard for me to accept. Through all my life in music I have always been disciplined to practice practice and practice, as well as pushing myself to write creatively and to the best of my ability. But what do I do when those feelings start going away? Well, what I am doing now is refocusing my energy. I don't want to fulfill only the music side of myself, as there is too much I would miss in life. Also, fulfilling other feelings, activities, hobbies, and what have you will add to the music side of me anyway. Life and all its qualities are synergistic to what you love doing. If you love doing something, then anything and everything will affect it.

No comments: